Sunday, February 24, 2013

Videos from super-awesome Winter Jam 2013

The bass was so strong we could feel our pants and hair moving....

Jason Castro (came in 4th on American Idol a few years ago)

Jamie Grace was a sweetheart - she talked about how even though she was homeschooled, she does have TWO friends.  *grin*

These guys (Red) were WAY TOO LOUD for my taste (and I have a hard time connecting screeching heavy metal with Holy Spirit) but Chewy was way impressed with the pyrotechnics

This was who I most wanted to hear -  Matthew West.  
(I got to talk with him a little and shake his hand - he was a super gracious guy.)

He made up a song on stage about how he felt like he was going to pee his pants, he was so nervous to be playing for the "home crowd".  Naturally Chewy thought that was a riot.

If you've never heard the song "Forgiveness" or read the story behind it, definitely look it up.  
And have a Kleenex ready.

And now, the reason we were there:  Chewy's absolute favorite musician, TobyMac 

The song that started it all for Chewy.  (I had to get him singin' it out, too.)

Yes, there were 10,000 people there...

The story behind the song "Steal My Show" - and wait for the cool spotlight effect in the song. :)

My little introvert...rockin' out.  (He wouldn't let me video him when he really got down, though.)

Title track of the most recent album, "Eye on It"

Yeah, had to stop filming so I could dance.  :D

Sorry it's sideways...I was frantically trying to get proof for all of Chewy's siblings that he really did get to go ONSTAGE.  With TobyMac and the Diverse City Band.  And all the other singers.  ONCE in a lifetime chance there, Chewy, and you got to do it.  What a blessing for my quiet little boy who doesn't always get much in the way of "extras", attention, all-his stuff.  It was worth the 3.5 hours waiting out in the cold (Chewy got to wait in the car and play on Dad's iPad) to get in (they had to turn away a lot of people because it sold out) and to get to sit in the third row.  That would have been enough - but then to get to go onstage and jam with all of the performers while Toby made his exit, and for me to get to tell my current favorite Christian music artist how much I appreciate his music (and get a handshake, a "wow, thank you so much!" and a pat on the back), that really took the cake.  So grateful that my Chewy guy was blessed with that experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment