Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Being able to give - Day #14

.Com and I have been pondering a job/life change.  He really, and I mean really, dislikes his work environment - and has, for quite some time.  (Well, okay, he LOVES being able to work from home - but there is such a drastic difference between the Midwestern/Utah, straight-shootin', git'r'done approach he takes to work and the East Coast-corporate-blame first/fix later mentality in the office to which he telecommutes, it takes its toll.)

As we've looked at various aspects of our finances to determine the feasibility of various what-ifs, I realized that one of the sacrifices we would have to make, to some degree, would be our (financial) giving.  We would budget to keep sponsoring the young man in the Dominican Republic and the girl in Uganda, we would still pay tithing and fast offerings....but everything else would probably be drastically reduced or eliminated.

It sounds kind of silly - "it would be a sacrifice to NOT give (as much) anymore" - but it's something I love being able to do.

So, at least for now as we squirrel away money into savings and .Com stays put, I'm grateful for being able to give to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment