
Today I am thankful that I can put just about whatever I want on my grocery list, go to the store at the drop of a hat and buy it.
Pixel, Chewy, and I (SlashDot was sick) went to volunteer for a few hours at Open Arms Mission this afternoon, putting together food boxes for the clients. It was also the last of three days for the clients to come and get their Thanksgiving meal to take home and prepare next week. In three days, OAM will have served over 300 families, just in a two-township area.
There but for the grace of God go I.
Pixel absolutely loved it - no surprise - and wanted to know if we could do that again and often. Chewy liked it a little less, mostly because some of the less....cheerful volunteers/staffers were kind of growly to him, but another staffer offered him a brownie and all was well again. Two hours was a long time for a 7-year-old, but he made it.
No comments:
Post a Comment