Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thankful, Day 9

I am thankful for homeschool co-op today. While I mentally get that I don't need to explain or justify our homeschooling to anyone, being able to say that the kids attend a co-op once a week and spend the day with other homeschoolers makes me feel like I get more acceptance from those who ask the typical questions (socialization and so on).

SlashDot wasn't going to take anything originally; after the first week he asked if he could opt into the 6th-8th grade General Science class. He does weekly experiments this semester, and he will do dissection (!) all second semester.














































Pixel is taking a 5th-6th grade writing class (it is very intense and based on classic books like Where the Red Fern Grows), choir, and acting this semester; next semester will remain the same, with the addition of a consumer economics class called Money God's Way.





















Chewy is our busiest: American History, Improv Acting, The 50 States, and Brain Play (Legos, strategy board games, building challenges, and the like).




















Go-Girl has Preschool Art, Storytime, and Beginning Ballet.



































And Mom reads books inbetween kid responsibilities. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment